Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Right now I am in the middle of planning a birthday party. Said birthday party is supposedly for both Bug AND Brack...but since Brack really doesn't care and Bug specifically requested a "Mighty Machines" birthday party...well, there ya go!! Construction themed party it is!! I've got black tablecloth and plates, orange cups and napkins, and yellow utensils. There will be balloons of yellow and black, streamers of orange and yellow, and construction books and toys scattered about. If we are lucky we will score some orange cones from our town's public works department (the only thing they will loan for a 3 year old party for fear of sharp edges...haha). Hopefully Brack will score some old blueprints and caution tape (and maybe even some orange plastic construction fencing) from his work. More details to come in a post-party post...with pics!!
Anyway, it is a bit busy around here right now, to say the least!! Gotta get the house straightened and actually CLEAN...as in scrubbing things...something this chica really is not into!! I love things neat and organized, but please don't come by for a white glove inspection!! I hate mopping, hate dusting, hate turning the broom upside down to sweep cobwebs down from random high corners!! But...it must be done before Saturday and the party!! Then Sunday evening we are hosting our missional community thing at our house...so party stuff will have to be cleared out quickly, but at least I will only have to SCRUB once...haha!!
Next week is all kinds of busy, with something every night of the week...swim lessons three evenings, informational meeting about foster adoption another evening, and a thing another evening with a guy who is gonna share practical tips about living missionally!! Then we actually get to put that into practice on Saturday as we go and pass out breakfast tacos to the homeless!! Of course, both Sunday mornings we have church...and both Sundays are Brack's weeks to run sound!! Whew!! I think when the 23rd rolls around we will sit back and take a deep breath and be thankful that all we have that week are swim lessons...haha!!
So there ya go...a brief peek into what's up at my casa at the current moment. I will attempt to try to catch up on all the events of the past FOREVER as I can...but this is what I've got tonight!!
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
I just want you to know that even though I never got to see your sweet face that your Mama and Papa love you so very much and cannot wait to see you in Heaven someday!!
Mama and Papa were so excited to find out this summer that you were coming to be with us ...and your big brother Edmund, though he barely understood exactly what was going on, was pretty excited too.
Mama really wanted to surprise Papa on his birthday with the news of you, but she wasn’t positive that you were really coming so she had to wait a few more days!! Once she knew that you were really on your way to us Mama put a plan into action and wrote “Big Brother” in sharpie on a t-shirt for Edmund and had him run to Papa wearing the shirt and holding the positive pregnancy test. Papa was SO surprised!!
We started moving furniture around and talking about how we were going to fix up Edmund’s baby room for you and move him to a “big boy” room. Mama was just about to get Papa to climb up in the attic and pull out her maternity clothes and Edmund’s tiny baby clothes to see what we had and what we might need for you.
Mama’s belly started to grow a little bit and she wasn’t feeling too great, but she was so excited and looking forward to meeting you. You see, as you now know, you have a slightly older sibling in heaven with you. We lost our Riley very early in February. Mama only knew Riley was coming for less than two days before Riley slipped away to Heaven. So we were especially excited to know that you were coming to be with us.
Unfortunately, God knew better than us and knew that your place wasn’t here on earth...but up in heaven with Him and with Riley and with your cousins who we never got to meet as well.
You slipped away from us sometime between eight weeks and nine weeks. We saw your heartbeat when you were exactly eight weeks along and you were gone by nine weeks. It’s been so very hard and we’ve missed you so very much!! We know that God knows more than we do and that he had a reason for taking you home to him, but we still miss you and love you so very much!!
Saturday, July 9, 2011
I'm attempting to do this challenge, but it's proving to be a bit more of a challenge than I'd anticipated!! It's not because I can't weed things down to 33 items (which swimwear, workout clothes, pajamas, undies, and the jewelry you always wear do not count in this total)...but for two other reasons.
One: I actually can't come up with 33 items of comfy, wearable stuff (I weeded so much stuff out of my closet in January and hadn't replenished it a whole lot yet).
Two: I want to have cute and varied outfits each day but since getting home on Tuesday I haven't been anywhere except the doctor's office and the grocery store...and I've been dealing with a sick asthmatic kiddo and sinus/allergy crud in the Texas heat...so it's been hard to even get a shower, much less put together something cute!!
I'm hoping to actually take pictures of each and every item I have and post it to my Pinterest board for the project but this is what I have so far on my list.
1. DKNY jeans (stretch straight leg jeans that can also be worn rolled up to capri or flood pant lengths)
2. Old Navy black jersey long skirt (as comfy as pajama pants, but can totally be dressed up or down)
3. Metro 7 black jersey knee length skirt (I want to change up the handkerchief hemline if possible, but it totally works and is comfortable for at home mostly)
4. NY and Co. denim skort (UBER-comfy and cute...and awesome for hooping)
5. Marks and Spencer brown shorts (cute for out and about)
6. Arizona Jean Co. denim shorts (mostly for at home or hooping)
7. Blu Heaven aqua jersey dress (super comfy)
8. Cute Options olive cotton dress (cute for out and about)
9. Scarlett print dress (great for special Sunday services and date nights)
10. Mossimo white tank top
11. Mossimo blue-green tank top
12. Mossimo black tank top #1
13. Mossimo black tank top #2
14. P Inc. black top w/attached necklace (SOFT jersey and pretty cute banded top)
15. Perseption turquoise top (another soft jersey banded top)
16. Faded Glory green peasant blouse
17. Mama necklace (has the charms my sis gave me before the birth of Bug and after the loss I had in February)
18. Glass heart necklace with interchangeable cords
19. Long star earrings
20. Invisibelt (to be replaced with a good quality black leather belt when funds are available)
21. black wrap (for chilly situations)
22. Alfred Dunner big black purse (can carry water bottles, diapers and wipes, Kindle, and anything else I could possibly need in there, but carries nicely even when half-empty as well)
23. Old Navy cheapo flips (for around the house and swimming)
24. Old Navy chunky flips (to be replaced with nicer ones when funds are available)
25. Connie sandals
26. Predictions strappy heels (for dressy occasions)
27. SO chunky boots (to be replaced with Doc Maarten Darcie chunky boots when funds are available)
The items of clothing that don't count in the Project 333 challenge but that I am still keeping track of are as follows:
3 pairs of socks
7 pairs panties
2 sets (tee and pants) pajamas
2 bathing suits, 1 cover up, and 1 pr. board shorts
workout top, workout bottoms, athletic shoes
Everyday jewelry--wedding band, engagement ring, spoon ring, tiny hoop earrings, silver bracelet, black watch, star necklace
So yeah, that’s what I’ve got. Hopefully it’s mostly cute and not too lame…and I totally plan on posting pics and I totally want feedback if possible on what else I should add to this list or what I need to change out. Technically I get a week from the start of the challenge to get the kinks worked out…but I’m giving myself two weeks because of the Independence Day weekend of travel and the whole sinus/head cold/allergies/asthma crud we’ve been dealing with as well!! So I’ve got till next Thursday night to get this all worked out, get my clothes in order, and go full steam ahead (even though I’ve already only been wearing stuff off this list pretty much).